I am currently editor in chief of ManAboutWorld, the first and only gay travel magazine designed specifically, ground-up for the iPad. Click here to sign up to receive the inaugural issue free (scheduled to drop summer 2012).
You may also remember me as the former editor in chief of some of the most illustrious gay travel content platforms including OUT&ABOUT, Gay.com, PlanetOut.com, Out Magazine, Advocate Magazine and Out Traveler.
At the same time, I also work as a consultant with clients in a number of industries, but primarily in travel and tourism on projects involving strategy, marketing, PR, communications, editorial, social media and advertorial. On a part-time basis, I run the NYC office for LA-based OutThink Partners, which offers its clients integrated marketing and communications strategies.
OutThink clients include:
- Jumeirah Essex House: premier luxury hotel in New York. Thanks to our outreach efforts and strong ties in LGBT media, the client has been named “Most Romantic Luxury Hotel” for LGBT travelers by Philadelphia Gay News and is a finalist in the “Luxury Hotel” category in the 2011 Edge Publications Travel Awards.
- Wells Fargo
- Island House Key West
- Chelsea Pines Inn
- Atlantis Events
- And other clients listed here.
A few clients I work with independent of OutThink include:
- Atlantic City Alliance—I am currently working with this client to design and execute an intense 2-month social media campaign to drive attendance to exciting events scheduled for their July 4 celebrations.
- Pennsylvania Horticultural Society—I designed and executed a 4-month social media campaign for their signature annual event, the Philadelphia International Flower Show, which generates over $60 in economic activity in just under 10 days.
- Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts—managed 6-month social media campaign for $10M arts festival.
- Wawa Welcome America—managed a 2-month social media campaign for an 11-day event leading up to and including Independence Day.
- Community Marketing Inc.—co-authoring the 15th annual Travel Tourism Survey.
- Provincetown for Women—assisting in the development of a successful sponsorship package and selling sponsorships, managing PR outreach.
- Marriott Resorts Hawaii—developws successful marketing, PR, and editorial strategies targeting the lucrative gay and lesbian travel segment, including leisure, group, and convention business.
- Here Media Marketing—editorial and advertorial promoting “Everyone is Gay in Amsterdam” campaign sponsored by Netherlands Tourism.
- EdSalvato.com—My eponymous blog that I’ve updated for several years and attracts approximately 10,000-15,000 uniques a month.
- GPS.OutTraveler.com—I edited the world’s foremost gay travel blog, which I began in 2007.
- VisitFlanders—Wrote articles on Brussels, Ghent, Antwerp, and Bruges based on recent visit for their gay travel brochure.
- R Family Vacations—Interviewed business partners Gregg Kaminsky and Kelli O’Donnell regarding the future of their business now that Kelli and Rosie O’Donnell are no longer a couple. Interview includes direct, in-person Q&A as well as video to be edited and included in online editorial package.
- Out Magazine—Wrote editorial feature for November 2009 travel issue
- Advocate Magazine—Provided editorial advice for new, incoming travel editor
- OutTraveler.com and GPS.OutTraveler.com—Created editorial calendar, oversaw writers, created original content during transition of this travel site and travel blog, respectively, to closer to the orbit of Out.com.