My most recent travel show was the NY Times Travel Show in January, 2014.
- Stay tuned for details on the 2015 show which promises to be bigger and better than ever.
On January 6,2013, I spoke at the American Bus Association’s annual convention.
On November 2, 2012, I spoke at the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management at Temple University.
September 29 & 30, I spoke at the San Francisco Travel Show
- Click here to download a PDF version of my presentation, which includes recommendations for great LGBT-friendly destinations, events, tours and cruises.
In July 2012, I spoke at the 5th Annual Conference on LGBT Tourism and Marketing hosted by GNetwork360.
- Click here to download Ed’s talk on LGBT tourism marketing for tour operators, travel agents and hotels.
In March 2012, I spoke at the Discover New England Travel Summit, presenting two panels on LGBT Tourism Marketing. If you’d like to download a PDF version of the presentation, click on the link below.
In 2012, I have spoken or am planning on speaking at the following travel shows in collaboration with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA). As I get more details about each show, I will share them here, including discount or free coupons, so check back later. Meantime, be sure to follow me on Twitter @EdSalvato.
- Click here for the PDF of the presentation from the LA Times Travel Show 2012.
- Click here for the PDF of the presentation from the NY Times 2011 Travel Show 2012.
- Click here for the PDF of our LesbianResource2012.
PAST TRAVEL SHOWS
In 2011 I spoke at the following travel shows. For information, please click on the hot-linked travel show below.
Philadelphia Inquirer Travel Show, Philadelphia, PA, January 22-23, 2011
Boston Globe Travel Show, Boston, Massachusetts, February 11-12, 2011 (Travel trade only; sorry, no consumers)
IvyQ Conference, panel on gay travel and travel writing, Saturday February 19, 2011
New York Times Travel Show, New York, NY, February 25-26, 2011
- Click here for the NY Times 2011 Travel Show presentation in PDF format
- Click here for lesbian travel resources as distributed in NY Times Travel Show in PDF format
GAY TRIP-PLANNING RESOURCES
The following are the gay micro-sites of the destination’s official tourism sites:
- Atlantic City, NJ
- Bloomington, Indiana
- Fort Lauderdale
- Halifax, Canada
- Key West
- Las Vegas
- Manchester, England
- Newport, Rhode Island
- New York City
- Ontario, Canada
- Palm Springs, California
- Portland, Oregon
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Reunion Island
- St. Louis, Missouri
- St.Petersburg/ Clearwater, Florida
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Santa Fe
- Seattle, Washington
- Sonoma County
- Southern California
- Tempe, Arizona
- Vancouver, Canada
- Washington, DC
- West Hollywood